Note: These designations are used only for data entered prior to the ORPS redesign.
Group 9 - Nuclear Explosive Safety
Any nuclear explosive occurrence at DOE facilities or during onsite or
offsite nuclear explosive transportation.
- The unauthorized introduction of electrical energy into a nuclear
- The unauthorized compromise of a nuclear explosive safety feature when
installed on a nuclear explosive.
- Damage to a nuclear explosive that results in a credible threat to nuclear
- Inadvertent substitution of a nuclear explosive for a nuclear
explosive-like assembly (NELA) or vice versa.
- A violation of a nuclear explosive safety rule (NESR).
- A "near miss", i.e., a situation that could (but did not) result
in a credible threat to nuclear explosive safety.
- A violation of the two-person concept of operations.
- Revocation of the Personnel Assurance Program (PAP) certification of an
individual (for cause).
- Damage to a training unit during training operations indicative of a hazard
to a nuclear explosive.
- The use of uncertified personnel or unauthorized equipment/tooling during a
nuclear explosive operation.
ORPS Help Table of Contents
ORPS Help Index |